Accepting New Patients!
Times like these can bring on anxiety and signs of depression in people who have never experienced such symptoms. So just imagine for those with a history of anxiety or depression, these symptoms can be exacerbated when dealing with external circumstances such as the restrictions and uncertainty COVID-19 has brought to all of our lives.
A few tips to stay sane:
1. LIMIT the amount of information you're taking in daily regarding COVID-19 and all of its effects.
2. Make an effort to do 15-30 minutes of PHYSICAL ACTIVITY per day even if it's just walking outside, going up and down stairs, squats, push-ups, sit-ups, anything.
3. If possible try to ESCAPE to a different scenery at least once a week even if that means riding to a different part of town or transforming a room (disco light, homemade tent, rearrange furniture, music, scents, etc).
4. DECLUTTER YOUR MIND, capture your thoughts (new revelations, fears, hopes) on paper or a notes app on your phone.
5. If you're on medication or in therapy, STAY CURRENT with your appointments and medications.
We've never been happier to offer *telepsychiatry services* We're in this together.
The Practice Without Walls
PA trailblazer uses telemedicine to make mental health treatment more accessible
Academic Magnet's guidance department held a career symposium. Over 40 guest speakers attended and spoke with students about various careers. Sherlonda spoke to high school students about the PA profession and encouraged them to think outside the box when considering career options.